So, how exactly does a morning routine impact how we go about our day?
What does your typical morning look like? Meaning, what is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Do you make a pot of coffee and journal? Do you make your bed and hop in the shower? Or do you head to the gym on the way to work? Regardless of how you start each day, it is important that we keep a schedule that works for us.
This week, I am answering the question “what’s the best way to start the day” which is a question that was sent in through a recent poll for the show. I discuss why we should have a morning routine, what my typical morning routine looks like, and why being intentional with our time actually frees up more time in the day.
The Best Way to Start the Day That Works for You
- Pick a schedule that you love
- Do what feels good
- Be reasonable
Why a Morning Routine is Necessary for Substantial Growth
- How you show up in the morning sets the course for your whole day
- We have the power to choose how we react to life
My Typical Morning Routine and How I Start My Day
- Depends on the week, but typically speaking, I make my coffee, journal, read a book, and practice meditation with my husband.
Why Setting a Nightly Routine is just as Important
- How we show up in the morning changes the trajectory of how we show up throughout the day
- However, also, how we show up at night sets the course for the next morning as well
When it’s Time to Change How You Start Your Day
- We need to be intentional with our mornings
- Even if that just means saying a quick prayer and heading out the door or listening to uplifting music on the way to work